Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (S.L.A.A.)
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition https://slaafws.org/download/core-files/The_Twelve_Traditions_of_SLAA.pdf oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous. The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership and is free to all who need it. To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, we draw on five major resources:
1. Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
2. Sponsorship / Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
3. Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety. see the steps https://slaafws.org/download/core-files/The_Twelve_Steps_of_SLAA.pdf
4. Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely receive. see the 12 concepts on world service https://slaafws.org/download/core-files/The_Twelve_Concepts_of_SLAA.pdf
5. Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship S.L.A.A. has no opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy. S.L.A.A. is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every S.L.A.A. member. Additionally we try to avoid drawing undue attention to S.L.A.A. as a whole from the public media.
Citylights is a weekly SLAA fellowship based in NYC. Our coed, open meetings focus on both step and topic study, as well as sharing and getting current. They are safe, sober and beginner friendly. Our meetings are held in modern, bright and handicap-accessible spaces. We also pride ourselves in having a complete array of subsidized literature.
In addition to practicing SLAA’s 12 steps and 12 traditions, conforming to SLAA’s 12 concepts, and acting in accordance with SLAA’s bylaws, Citylights also has its own bylaws.